The scheme was designed to offer services to the local artisans by providing technical and advisory services including innovative designs. The main objectives were to develop innovative designs of salt artifacts and supervise the local artisans to develop diversified crafts for local as well as foreign market.
IMPACT OF PSIC INTERVENTIONS
- More than 150 designs got prepared.
- More than 100 prototypes got developed.
- Prototypes displayed at National Parliament, Rawalpindi/Islamabad Chamber, PC Hotel Lahore and Bhurban, Convention Centre, Islamabad, National Heritage Museum Lahore and EXPO Centre Lahore.
- Participated in 24 Fairs/Exhibitions and seminars at Islamabad, Murree, Nankana Sahib and Lahore. An exclusive exhibition was organized for three days at old Tollington Market, Mall Road, Lahore.
- Market linkages among craftsmen, manufacturers, exporters and general public were established through their participation in pre-mentioned exhibitions/fairs where they not only marketed their products but also presented the demo of the process through live artisans at work. National print / electronic media given the proper coverage. Moreover, social media i.e. website, portal and face book got utilized too. Above all road shows at prominent places of Lahore i.e. DHA Fortress stadium, Liberty and Punjab University Lahore were arranged where leaflets, brochures and informatory material were distributed for awareness of public at large.
- Visits and establishment of camp office at Salt Range a staunch inter-action among the project team and local craftsmen got developed, the exchange of views, ideas and distribution of designs, advisory service was provided.
- Published a book and catalogue on Crafts of Salt Range.