EMPOWERMENT OF FEMALE ARTISANS OF TRIBAL AREAS OF DERA GHAZI KHAN AND RAJANPUR
Government of Punjab is very keen to improve the living standards of Southern Punjab. PSIC has designed an ADP project for the female artisans of Tribal Areas of D.G Khan under ADP 2012-13 to 2015-16. This project is aimed to promote the traditional crafts in the tribal areas of Dera Ghazi Khan (Fort Minro & Taunsa Sharif) and Rajanpur (Rojhan) especially to empower female entrepreneurs through skill development in numerous arts & crafts pertaining to the cultural heritage of the area. The projects will also help in generating new jobs and poverty alleviation.
IMPACT OF PSIC INTERVENTIONS
- Identification of Clusters, Cluster based Training
- Development of New Designs
- Marketing through Development of Catalogue, Branding and Display / Sales at Mega Stores.
- Provision of easy access to Small credit on soft basis for female Artisans of DG. Khan and Rajanpur Districts
- Empowering the female entrepreneurs through skill development and financial assistance.
- Review existing crafts, stitches, motifs, designs, styles and trends of the embroidery and dress designing of the region.
- Convert existing crafts styles of embroidery and designing in new and innovative designs according to local and international market.
- Prepare prototypes out of the new designs.
- Exhibitions, fairs and marketing of the products prepared by the artisans.
- Prepare catalogue of designs.
- Advisory services to local artisans and tribal female.